Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, July 04, 2005

    Ronald Reagan voted "Greatest American"

    This past week, Ronald Reagan was announced as THE "Greatest American." Over 3 million viewers of the Discovery Channel voted in the "Greatest American" contest, and Ronald Wilson Reagan came out ahead. The top 5 was rounded out by Abraham Lincoln, Martin Luther King, Jr., George Washington, and Benjamin Franklin.

    You can check out the top 25 and other fun facts here.

    For my input, I've always considered Reagan my favorite President. However, I always remind people, that when asking me "who is your favorite President?", I always work under the assumption that the person asking that question really means "who is your favorite President after George Washington?" Washington was clearly the best of them all. He set the precedent, not just for the United States, but for any nation engaged in the experiment with democracy. So, after Washington, Reagan is my favorite.

    1 comment:

    the_g_wall said...

    I love how George W. Bush beat Bill Clinton. Shut down, Bill!