Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, August 22, 2006

    Florida fun

    I returned to Florida on Friday, August 11 and spent a week with my family and some friends. Here's some quick highlights:

    - played tennis with my dad and one of my brothers

    - ate lots of good home cookin' - thanks mom!

    - got together with my friend Jacqui from FAU and she told me all about her travels to Spain this summer and what it's like being a teacher in Florida

    - my friend Eric came down from Orlando and we spent a day at the beach and the pool

    - later that night, Eric, my brother Tony and his girlfriend went to see CANDLEBOX! They were back on tour after a 7 year hiatus. It was just like being back in high school

    - I attended my 10-year high school reunion, which I'll blog more about

    - My uncle and aunt had a really nice get together with a lot of the extended family to celebrate the fact that my cousin Kevin Gonzalez is going to be a Marine! He just graduated high school and is making us all proud! His younger brother David made a really nice video commemorating this decision and we all watched it. It was very emotional, but inspiring. At one point in the video, it showed video images of the planes hitting the WTC on 9/11, with audio from media describing what was happening, and with audio from President Bush saying, "we will find those who committed these horrible acts and we will hunt them down." At that point the video's spirits picked up as big words went across the screen with upbeat music as the words said, "Go Get'em Kevin!" We are proud of him and if he can pass the tests, I know he will make a great Marine!

    - I came back from Florida on Monday, August 21, and went right back to work

    No comments: