Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Sunday, November 19, 2006

    The Florida Frontier

    I'm back in Florida this week. I flew in on Friday afternoon and I've been staying and hanging out with my brother since I got here. Thanks to Casey Hampton, a conservative student from Jacksonville University, who picked me up from the JAX airport and drove me to Gainesville, where the University of Florida is located.

    On Saturday, I attended my first Gator football game in "The Swamp", which seats about 93,000. They reported having about 90,000 in attendance as they destroyed Western Carolina 62-0.

    Today I met with the staff of The Florida Frontier, the newest member of ISI's Collegiate Network. In fact, when they were officially added as a member to the most prestigious network of conservative college publications, they became the 100th current member. I attended The Frontier's Sunday evening meeting where 15 students attended. It ran very smoothly and everyone seemed to be very involved and motivated. After dinner, I took about 4 people from their executive board out to dinner to discuss some finer details of how they could improve.

    This all makes me reflect back to when I started a paper, The Terrapin Times at the University of Maryland. And, I remember having a CN person come visit with our staff and give us some pointers. It's great to have the tables turned and be in this supportive role, and I'm very excited to see their motivation, their ideas, and their creativity at work.

    Tomorrow, we'll be doing a "Get to Know ISI" Soiree at UF with the hopes of introducing other students to all things ISI and increasing ISI's presence on the UF campus.

    No comments: