Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, June 07, 2007

    My speech on behalf of Sam Brownback at the annual NH GOP dinner

    On Wednesday, June 6, I attended the annual New Hampshire GOP dinner. All the Republican candidates for President were invited, including Senator Sam Brownback, who I support. My good friend Teddy Sifert is running the Brownback campaign in New Hampshire and got me a ticket to the Presidential debate that aired live on CNN on Tuesday night. He also got me a spot at the dinner, sitting at Sam Brownback's table.

    However, on that night, Senator Brownback could not get out of Washington, D.C. because of his duties in the U.S. Senate: the Senate was still in the deliberating process on the immigration reform bill. So, they needed someone to speak on his behalf. Somehow, I happened to be at the right place at the right time (don't I always seem to be?) and they asked me to do it.

    So, I did. Not only did I give a 10-minute speech on his behalf, but I do so in a room of over 300 people and in front of other Presidential candidates: Mitt Romney, Duncan Hunter, Tom Tancredo, Tommy Thompson, and others. C-SPAN was also there to film it. It has already aired at least once and may air on national tv again and again. Below is a link to the C-SPAN online video from the dinner. My speech is 1 hour, 7 minutes into the dinner. Notice how Governor Romney spoke before me - I guess you can say he was my opening act.

    Here's the link:
    http://switchboard.real.com/player/email.html?PV=6.0.12&&title=Distance%20Learning%20Class&link=rtsp%3A%2F%2Fvideo.c%2Dspan.org%2Farchive%2Fc08%2Fc08%5F060607%5Fgopdinner.rm%3Fstart%3D%3A16%3A20.0

    Note: This content may require the latest RealPlayer, which is not available on Windows 95, Mac OS9 or Linux systems.

    No comments: