Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Friday, July 28, 2006

    ISI honors program in Montana

    On Thursday, I drove about 6 hours from Utah, through Idaho, and finally ended up in Big Sky, Montana, where the ISI Honors Program is taking place. Week 1 is almost over. I came up in the middle of it, to give a talk to the 25 honors fellows that are here this week to "take your ISI experience back to campus." My hope is that many of them will start or become involved with ISI Groups on their campus so that their honors program experience doesn't end here, but continues to create an alternative educational experience for them and many other students on their campus.

    Montana is beautiful. My first time here. Mountains, open spaces, fresh, clean air (I love the smell of the pine trees). We're elevated pretty high up here, so you can start feeling a bit dehydrated pretty quick, and one beer may even give you a buzz. We're staying at the "Big Sky Resort" which has about 5 hotels. Skiing is big here in the winter, but the hotel staff told me they are still at about 80% capacity in the summer. I probably prefer visiting in the summer actually.

    No comments: