Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, July 27, 2006

    Salt Lake City, Utah

    I flew into Salt Lake City, Utah on Wednesday. I had a few hours to walk around the city. Very clean, very nice, but smaller than I thought. I went down to "Temple Square" where the major Mormon Temple is located. Only Mormons are allowed in. It's a very pious tradition, I guess you could say.

    But, I saw some of the gardens, and a tiny bit of the welcome center museum about the Mormon Temple. I also went to the Family Research Center they have where the Mormons are still compiling records of just about everyone they can to trace back the entire human genealogy. I spent a few minutes on one of their computers to look up my mom's side of the family. I found my grandma on a 1930 census from Ohio. But then they told me I can do this all from home at www.ancestry.com. So maybe I will.

    I met with Josh Daniels, a student from BYU. Josh is also the Executive Director of the College Republican Federation of Utah. He's already an ISI member and will now be a Campus Representative at BYU. He seems like a great guy (all Mormons do actually - ok the ones I know do). He's excited about getting more students in Utah involved with ISI and I'm excited to help him do it.

    No comments: