Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, April 27, 2005

    Louisville, Kentucky: My 25th State!

    On April 12, I flew from Orlando to Louisville, Kentucky. When I arrived, I realized, this is a new state for me... and I counted them up... I just landed in my 25th state! I guess that means... 25 more to go!

    I wasn't in Louisville very long. But I was there long enough to meet with 5 students from the Cardinal Leadership Institute, an ISI-affiliated group at the University of Louisville. Their main function as a group is to publish the Louisville Patriot, an excellent publication. I had met Brian Yates, their group's leader, once before. After dinner, Brian gave me a tour of the campus and then we went out for a beer or two at a British bar on "Fourth Street Live", the revitalized area of downtown Louisville. Not bad.

    The next day, I took about a 90-minute morning drive to Indiana University in Bloomington to meet with a faculty member and two other gentlemen in the local community. The faculty member at IU is trying to start an ISI reading group with some conservative students there. I also got a nice tour from the faculty member I met with. He showed me (from the outside) where the Hoosiers play all their basketball games and the area where they usually gather to celebrate a big win. The Indiana campus was very nice, and Bloomington looked like an ideal college town. But, again, I wasn't there long. From there, I took a three hour drive to South Bend, Indiana... to visit the glory that is Notre Dame. I will talk more about my two-day experience at Notre Dame in my next blog.

    No comments: