Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, March 29, 2006

    I'm in Austin, Texas!

    This is only my second time ever to the state of Texas, and my first visit ever to anyplace outside of Dallas. You'll see my "itinerary" in my previous post for the next week. But, as for today, my first stop is Austin, Texas. I grabbed some Chipotle this afternoon and drove around only a smart part of the University of Texas-Austin and the downtown Austin area, where I saw yet another state capital building!

    UT-Austin is the largest school in the country, by population of students, with an enrollment of over 50,000 students! THE LARGEST. So the motto holds true: EVERYTHING is BIGGER in Texas.

    Tonight, with one of our ISI Campus Representatives at UT-Austin, I'll be host to the FIRST EVER "Get to Know ISI" Soiree. We'll have pizza, drinks, ISI Books and brochures, some mingling, the playing of the ISI history video, and a conservative trivia contest. And, hopefully, a lot more new ISI members!

    3 comments:

    Brendan Steinhauser said...

    Now you will understand why I love UT and Austin so much.

    Have fun!

    Brendan Steinhauser said...

    BTW, did you catch the title of my latest post on Reagan's Children?

    Burkean.. haha

    Anonymous said...

    Is it just me, or is there something very wrong with going to Texas and getting Chipotle? :)