Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, September 29, 2005

    Driving the Pacific Coast Highway...

    ... again, Oregon style.

    So, I took a little "scenic route" today. Ok, a pretty long scenic route, took me almost 2 hours out of the way, but I got to the pacific coast of Oregon and drove for about 30 miles of highway right along side the Pacific Ocean, which was amazing.

    The beach extends at least a hundred (if not several hundred) feet from the water and the highway is probably another 100 feet elevated from the beach, sort of overhanging it like a cliff. The coast is also very rocky and somewhat mountainous, and of course, freezing cold (though i didn't get close enough to actually touch it).

    However, I did stop off at several viewing locations to take some pictures (unfortunately only on an instant camera, as my digital isn't working for some odd reason as of a couple days ago). At one stop, some other tourists told me I should look for some whales, as they were congregating in that area... and sure enough I saw one pop up out of the water just a minute later. I saw them several times actually... pretty neat, but also too far for my camera to capture it I'm sure.

    I then had a nice scenic drive out of Oregon, into my 28th or 29th state (i'm losting count now), into the "Evergreen State" of Washington. And both Oregon and Washington could certainly be classified as "ever green".

    No comments: