Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, September 27, 2005

    Everyone looks like a hippie

    Yea seriously, it's uber-liberal out here. I didn't notice it as much until I walked onto the campus of Portland State. The campus just blends right from the city into the university. It's a very nice urban campus. The city also is a good-sized city (let's say a big city) with a small-town feel. I'd put it somewhere between the size of Indianapolis and Dallas.

    On campus though, it's hippie-ville. Guys with long hair (even dreads) are frequent, people with tattoos and piercings seem common. And yea if I took a poll, I'd say nearly half (maybe more?) are atheist/agnostic. The students here have an uphill battle for sure.

    I met tonight with Shah Smith and 2 other students on the staff of the noteworthy Portland State Spectator. A good group... Shah is a real conservative warrior, he the "take one for the team" kind of guy. Principled, honest, and the first to charge into battle. But the others seem less optimistic, or maybe I should say, more pessimistic (or realistic?) on the scene they're up against.

    But, hey... who could blame them. The city, the culture, and the campus and its culture aren't looking too good for conservatives these days. But, I'll say it again, they are the remnants: they are keeping the conservative dream alive. Shoot, they are keeping the traditions that have made this country so great alive. And, I'll stand with Shah and take them into battle any day.

    1 comment:

    Anonymous said...

    Text or Audio? Increasingly, It's Up to Us
    While a lot of the attention around consumer generated content focuses on text , the spoken word is coming on stronger than ever.
    I'm glad I ran across your blog. It's very good. I like it.

    Sonny M.

    I have a related site that focuses on anxiety depression you may like too...It pretty much covers anxiety depression related stuff.

    Come and check it out if you get time :-)