Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Sunday, October 09, 2005

    Hollywood is trashy

    Seriously. On Thursday morning, I had a couple hours to kill (I guess most people call this "free time"). Anyway, since I was only staying a few miles away from the epicenter of Hollywood, CA, I figured I'd go check it out.

    What was I expecting? Well, I guess the "walk of fame" with all the stars names engraved in stars on the sidewalk, and all the things that go with that... perhaps some cool TV studios and maybe a glimpse of a movie star. What was I thinking?

    I get there and there's a little area of a couple of blocks that is all of a sudden flooded with tourists, particularly in the Man's Chinese Theatre area... which I think the one at Disney's MGM Studios is not only nicer looking, but bigger. I was like - "this is it?" Seeing a few stars names on the ground was cool, kind of... but not really as exciting as I thought it would be. So, I kept walking around, thinking I'd see something cool. The best I got was one studio right across the street where the "Jimmy Kimmel Live" night time talk show takes place. Big woop. So, I kept walking... and boy was that a mistake.

    The rest of Hollywood is filled with lingerie shops, homeless people walking around looking like they're on crack, and then you get to a few blocks where you're thinking to yourself, "I think I walked too far..." And, then I see a nice looking 4-story building that simply says "Gay and Lesbian Center." Yea, and this building was only 2 blocks from the famous Hollywood Blvd. Oh boy... so THIS is Hollywood. This is where the popular culture of America is created and spewed forth onto an unknowing public. This is what gets all the glitz and glamour. THIS.

    I was repulsed... and I just wanted to go home and kill my television.

    No comments: