Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, October 12, 2005

    A night on the town

    On my last night in Beverly Hills, Ryan Sorba and I hit the town. We went out in style and it was well-deserved by the end of my trip. Also, Ryan made an hour drive from San Bernardino (right after class) to meet up with me. And, I think the L.A. traffic was actually longer than an hour for him.

    We went and ate at the famous "Rainbow Room" and then hung out at the "Sky Bar", both in the Beverly Hills/West Hollywood area. They were splendid locations, but filled with a lot of Hollywood types... you know those fake people. Ryan and I were mostly caught up in our own deep intellectual converstions... revolving around contemporary issues... everything from campus activism to defeating the gay agenda.

    We also talked with some interesting people at the Sky Bar, which I think gets its name because out on the outside deck (which is the whole place virtually) you overlook all of L.A., with the gliterring lights of the city valley below you.

    Ryan is a great guy... someone I wish I had known much earlier and someone I wish didn't live 3,000 miles away. He's an entrepreneur (already bought a house) and he is, as mentioned in a previous blog, writing a book about homosexuality. He had a lot of interesting insights that I would love to share, but I don't want to let anything out of the bag for him as far as his (original) ideas. I was definitely intrigued and if he can put his ideas into words, I think he could have a hell of a book!

    No comments: