Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Sunday, October 09, 2005

    In and Out Burger and the PCH

    Driving from San Diego into L.A. was neat - for one, the scenery. I left San Diego by driving on the Pacific Coast Highway... for about 30 miles or so, until I merged back onto I-5. In the meantime, I drove through some nice coastal towns, which looked glamorous at times and then more like perfect surfing spots at others. The beach/ocean view is unique though, as you have mountains and cliffs overlooking the beach and ocean... and the beaches seem longer here.

    Later on my drive, I stopped off at "In and Out Burger," a popular California fast-food chain that I've heard of by many, but never experienced myself... finally I did. My only complaint is they don't take credit or debit cards (I'm so technologically advanced aren't I?) So, I had to run to the ATM just to get a bite out of one of their burgers, but I had to run to the ATM anyway. Good burgers... I still think I prefer Wendy's, but this was a very welcome change and much better than Mickey D's anyday.

    As I got closer to L.A., I passed through Anaheim and saw Disneyland to my lefthand side of the freeway and the LA-Anaheim Angels ball park to my right. Pretty cool to at least see this stuff from the interstate. Then, finally I proceeded into the Los Angeles area... how could I tell I was there? Well, there's no "welcome to L.A." sign nor is there a real welcome, other than the heavy traffic (which luckily was more in the OTHER direction) and then there was the noticeable downtown with all the skyscrapers... and finally, as I got closer to my hotel in Beverly Hills, I could see the famous "Hollywood" sign in the Hollywood Hills. It felt surreal to be here, but then again, as I would soon find out... nothing here really feels real.

    No comments: