Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, October 05, 2005

    Seattle University: This is Catholic?

    On Monday, I visited my final campus in Seattle and the PNW. I began my trip in the PNW at a Catholic institution (the University of Portland), and ended it with another Catholic school, Seattle University.

    I met with an English Professor here who has been involved with ISI for a long time. Great guy, he even leads a student marksmanship club here - they go shoot on a gun range about every week or so. But, more importantly, he pointed out some very weird things going on here at Seattle U - let me remind you, this is supposed to be a CATHOLIC university!!

    Here is just one news article related to panels on sex education" at Seattle University, organized by - you guessed it - a nutty history professor:
    When I locate the entire event schedule for this "forum" this year, I'll post it as well... every single topic was related to issues about "sexuality" and the vast majority of them were about "homosexuality" and it wasn't about just confronting it, but accepting it and welcoming it. Well, if you see the neighborhoods Seattle University is surrounded by, you'll get the point that around here, this isn't very strange at all... but for a "Catholic" school to be promoting this stuff is just HERETICAL!! Something needs to be done... a movement within the Church needs to crack down on Catholic colleges and universities. What the Church believes should be taught, that's all I'm saying.

    No comments: